Who we are
Pedal Power is a not-for-profit sports club for children and adults with learning disabilities. Our website address is: https://www.pedalpowercc.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
All of our sessions are funded by third-party organisations that require us to register the attendance of all individuals and to collect the following personal data:
- Type of disability
- Support needs
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Borough of residence
What we do with the information you provide
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To meet funders’ requirements of attendance statistics
- We may use the information to improve our service
- To provide relevant training for staff
- We may periodically send information that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Pedal Power will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Pedal Power considers the amount and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use and the purposes for which we process your personal data.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write/email us using the following details: Tanya@pedalpowercc.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us. [enter email address/address here]
- Object to processing of your personal data where there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
reCAPTCHA is active on this site.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.